Skip to main content

About your Search

20130113
20130121
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4
CSPAN
Jan 18, 2013 10:30pm EST
that we could broken. the torture had ended before president obama to notice. that was a promise kept. if we get evidence to the country a rating will change. we have done that many times. >host: restricting wiretaps, a compromise so far. caller: close in guantanamo bay was an interesting one. even though he had support from his party in both houses of congress. that was the one that he was not able to keep. there were enough democrats that was opposed to that. caller: thank you for taking my call. i would ask to address mr. obama's promise that i think drew in so many young voters that he was going to be a great unifyer. he has set up to oppose the country and that basically 51% of american voters were for him. the other 49% of americans that voted for him feel like he is basically sticking his tongue at us and giving us the finger. i feel we were more polarized for us and i feel that as it promised or the broken end of public and to address that. host: as i was talking about earlier, there is a promise to that effect that we do have rating broken. the promise we just to represent th
CSPAN
Jan 14, 2013 8:00pm EST
of he epsiode mass violence, we experience that across the country. year, 33rday of the americans are killed with guns. president obama will take the oath of office, and during those 0our years, some 4800 americans will be killed with guns. twice as many people as were killed in combat in the vietnam war. i have made it clear our has threesan coalition requiring legislation and four calling for executive action and i hope they will support all seven. first and most urgently -- we need the presidenet and congress congress to require background checks at gun sales and online. private sales account for 40% of gun sales nationally. there were more than 6 million gun sales that happened with no background checks. many of these are handguns, used in 90% of all firearms murders. across the united states, 80% or ofgun owners and 90% americans require gubackground checks for gun sales. we have laws on the books requiring background checks when dealers sell guns. it is time for the president and congress to make this the law of the land. 40% that the law does not apply to is a sham. and con
CSPAN
Jan 15, 2013 1:00am EST
, every single day across our country. every day of the year, an average of 33 americans are murdered with guns. here is another way to think about what that means. one week from today, president obama will take the oath of office for his second term. unless we take action, during those four years, some 48,000 americans will be killed with guns. nearly twice as many people as were killed in combat during the entire vietnam war. when i have talked with the vice president, i have made it very clear that our bipartisan coalition of mayors is supporting seven measures. three that need legislation and for that require only executive action. we are hopeful the president and vice president will support all seven. i just wanted to touch on each of them briefly. first, most urgently, we need the president and congress together to require background checks for all gun sales, including private sales at gun shows and online. private sales now account for more than 40% of all gun sales nationally. which means that in 2012 alone, there were more than 6 million gun sales that happened with no projec
CSPAN
Jan 18, 2013 2:00pm EST
four years ago. it will be the two of them marking the importance of those who have served this country and given their lives. those are the only thing i know of on schedule for sunday. sorry, i should have mentioned that. both the biden's and obamas wil participate saturday in a service activity. we will be making announcements on that in the coming days. odds are you will know when it happens, but they will be doing something, and that will be the entire family. >> a follow-up on the fundraising question. if you do have less ovftover fu, where do you plan to use those funds question mark >> i do not know. i know there are rules that regulate what we can and cannot do with those funds. in the past, some funds were used to do repairs -- repairs on the national mall. that is a bridge we will cross when we come to it. there are a number of civic-minded things we can do. >> cnn. how many law-enforcement agencies and offices will be involved in security security on the day of the inauguration? and how large of an area will be closed off? >> i want to apologize for saying it was morning whe
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4